Monday, June 21, 2010

NKOTB at Radio City Music Hall...

This blog is the run down of all 3 concerts. I'm working on one that is a little mushier...


It seemed like the Radio City weekend would never get here.  The week seemed to drag on and on, but it finally it was time.  Thursday was actually a busy day of real life activities like class and other bullshit.  I skipped out of class early, because I had a “rehearsal dinner” to which my friends told me upon leaving, “don’t make out with any of your cousins, Kerri.”  I told them, I’d try not to! I got to the venue with about 45 minutes to spare and met my friends.  Some people who follow me stopped me and we chatted and they were all lovely. It was closing in on show time and I needed to pee REALLY bad.  A few of my “classy” friends did too, so we made our way to the bathroom.  Line was looooong for the ladies’ room, so we booked it into the men’s, what is the harm in that?  We were in and out, but not before some guy almost zipped up and caused some harm to his baby making appendage.  Oops.  With that business it was time to head to our seats.


I was in row CC by myself and was thrilled to see how close I was even with the pit there.  I was even more excited to see that I knew the person sitting next to me!  Twitter is a small world, hi Jamie!  I had a blast during the show.  It was surreal.  The place was full, everyone on their feet and dancing.  It was fantastic.  I danced and sang hard.  It was one of the last shows, how could I not?  Although it was a blast, we were worried about the game.  Jamie was a pro and had updates on her phone and I had my friend texting me the score.  New Kids AND the NBA finals?  Sweet deal.


Being as it was one of the last shows, I was a little nervous if Joe would see me, but if he didn’t it was not the end of the world.  I was there and was EXTREMELY thankful.  I was just dancing and watching and smiling…then I see the double take.  Yep, he saw me.  Hip thrusts in my direction and my na was on fiyah!  I was fine with that, really I was.  A few more glances and I was feeling weak in the knees.  Then the solo.  Ohhhh how I love that solo.  As Joe becomes someone different during this set, so do I.  My mind goes blank and I lost control over my body.  Screaming, jumping, cursing, I don’t even know anymore.  I swear I lost my shit when Joe all of a sudden whips his upper body around in my direction, my eyes got wide and I had this big smile on my face and I just remember shaking my head up and down.  This man looks me dead in the eye and sings to me, eyes wide, going hard and shaking his head.  Really McIntyre?  REEEEAAALLLLYYYYYY!?!?  Good battle.  You won.  I don’t remember much else that happened that night, but it was amazing.  So lucky to have been there.


Night number two was what I was really excited for.  Second row with my friends Jen and Mia, it was going to be amazing.  We were off to the left side, but it didn’t matter.  We had some lovely people in front of us and the man let us take his spot for a while.  Front row…whhhaaaaatttt!?! Then security made us go back to our row, which was not bad in the least.  We were dancing and having a crazy time.  Jordan posed for Jen’s camera, but her camera was shocked at the sexiness and froze, so she only got a profile shot.  Still an amazing photo though.  I was close enough to get handshakes from Donnie, Danny and Jordan…hello sweaty hands!  I only needed Joe and Jonathan.  Joe came over to our side a few times and always looked over me.  Oh well, I danced my ass off anyway.  Finally “Hanging Tough” came on.   Joe made his way over by the end and spotted me, grinne reallllyyyyyy wide and screamed “MY MACPAAAAACK!!!” Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll let me throw myself in the Hudson, that was amazing.  I looked at Jen and she said something along the lines of, “that did just happen.”  God love him.  I was determined to get a hand slap from this man.  I shimmied my way to the front just in time.  Joe walks over staring dead at me.  I reached out my hand; he took it, got on one knee and while still looking in my eye kissed my hand.  He grinned and winked.  I held on, squeezed his hand and he squeezed it right back.  I asked him a question that needed answering and he looked down and chit chatted for maybe 30 seconds, but come on.  Only one word, surreal.  I’ll love that man forever.
Going in to grab & kiss my hand *sigh*
*cries* During...
...and after.
The third and final night.  Bittersweet.  I was tremendously lucky, thanks to Jen, to score amazing seats every night.  I was only 8 rows back for the final night.  The opening segment began and I was already bawling.  Images of the past 2 years started flying through my head and I couldn’t stop crying.  Was this really the last one?  Really?  I was able to compose myself and rock the hell out the whole time.  I went hard on every song.  That is…until the acoustic set.  As soon as the music started I was a goner.  The tears were flowing and the ugly cry was happening.  I couldn’t breathe, that is how hard I was crying.  The medley slayed me like a knight in battle.  As Joe sang “Please Don’t Go Girl” I turned around to look at the crowd, everyone was on their feet.  I was in awe and so proud of these amazing men and it made me cry even more.  I was a hot mess and didn’t care at all.  After Joe’s standing ovation, he decided to take a minute and talk to the crowd.  As he was talking, they panned in on his face and you could see the tears rimming his eyes.  I couldn’t handle it.  Then Donnie.  If I thought Joe tearing up was bad, Donnie’s full cry fest broke my heart into a million pieces.  The look on his face as the tears just rolled down as he looked into the crowd was amazing.  Just the look in his eyes you could tell he was thankful for everything that happened these past few years.  I was so happy to experience it.


Now the only real problem I had about Saturday night was the Backstreet Boys.  I still don’t understand what the point of them being there was.  I personally never cared for them and was kind of upset when they performed with the New Kids and then performed by themselves.  I took that as my cue to sit my ass down and take an intermission.  The crowd did go crazy, but I was not feeling it.  I came to see my last New Kids show, not the Backstreet Boys.  They were totally irrelevant to the weekend.  Not a fan, but I won’t dwell on it.


I was well rested for the final time seeing Joe’s solo and I am glad I was.  That man BROUGHT IT!!! He was thrusting and making me forget my name.  He smacked that mic stand against the floor so hard I felt it in my na.  It was the perfect way to send that solo off into the sunset. I will miss you naked Joe.  A lot.  Speaking of, I had a few Joe moments and they were all really special, but all the guys brought their A game that night.  I am just soooo happy I was able to do all three shows in my hometown.  It was amazing and what a way to end one chapter of this fabulous life.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with you in relation to BSB. Never caught my attention, I was never a fan, I do not even know their names, and they can not compare to NKOTB. Then when I saw Donnie crying and then singing BSB song I was upset, I don't like BSB at all and now I hate them. I will always love NKOTB. Hope they stay together and never leave us!!

    ReplyDelete