Saturday, November 28, 2009

I'm in a New York State of Mind....

October 28th, 2008- Madison Square Garden
[A side note about the scarves. I have been knitting for years and so has Jess, so we were thinking of a thank you for the BUS TIME and I was like "heyyyy (in the Joe voice…if you don't know what that is...I can't help you) why don't we make them scarves, most of them wear em!!!" So the scarf mission began. We made 8 (…and a half if you include Griffin's) scarves in 2 ½ weeks. I basically ignored my life. Yeah probably not the best thing, but it is fine.]

With that we beging the events of the day….

Sooo like last time my friend arrived about 8:45 in the morning to MSG. Now we didn't want to carry too much crap, because we had our scarves, goodie bags and letters (I don't play!), so we wore zip up sweatshirts. Now I would NOT recommend this to people who are planning on being stuck standing outside for 18 hours in 50 degree weather. It was fucking colddddd, thank God I had my own damn scarf! So we are standing there just waiting and the crew starts to talk to us and we are chatting them up and they ask what the hell we have for them and why. Our response? Ummm we were the first to make it on the Baby Daddy Bus and it's a thank you! Some thought we were nuts, some were impressed we got on there, just the two of us and not a group of 20. One of the guys who just works for MSG called me a slut and I fucking went banana sandwich on his ass…rude much? Anyway, it was a looooong ass wait.

Slowly other people started showing up and now it is 12 o'clock. There are about 20 girls there, yes it lessened our chances, but we were staying positive and knew we would get something. Since there are about 20 girls standing on a street corner people started to ask "who are you waiting for?" and after a while "New Kids on the Block" just would not cut it. I took it upon myself to start saying when they ask, "New Kids on the Block…GO GET YA TICKETS!!!" and Jess would chime in, "DONNIE WAHLBERG LOVES YOU!!!!" Even a tour bus (the ones that travel around NYC) asked what we were waiting for, other people screamed "NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK!!!", so I screamed at all of them, "GO GET YOUR TICKETS!!!" and Jess would add "DONNIE WAHLBERG LOVES YOU!!!!" again. We got some laughs. Hey, we thought it was funny!

There is more waiting and I am being a space cadet on time, but I think it was somewhere around 3-3:15 the guys showed up….in a black van. First Jess and I spotted Zach in the front of the bus, so I got my big ass "WHERE'S ZACH?" sign that he loves to much and hold it up. He points, laughs, waves…I blow a kiss (hey don't judge, he looks nice with his hair pulled back). Then I pulled a Houdini and got the newest sign to our collection "Kerri and Jessica are ready the Baby Daddy Bus Part Duex!" (which in between the part duex I put a picture of Donnie and Danny holding my face time sign- OH I forgot to mention...I am REALLY good at sign making) and Jess has our sign "WE HAVE PRESENTS AND THANK YOUS!!!" I push a bitch that stands in front of me out of the way and Donnie sees our signs and starts banging the window!!! LOVE HIM!!! So that is it of the boys.

My heart almost fell out of my ass when I see Robo coming up the way. He walks to this security booth and sits down (man is SO random), so Jess and I hightail it over there and start talking to him. First we give him his scarf and goodie bag (yesss we made one for Zach, Robo and John too, they made Bus Time happen). Man doesn't even say thank you! Rude! So we just asked if he could make sure the guys get their scarves and he said he most definitely will. Not what we wanted, but dealt with it. We waited a bit, thinking if they get them they will send for us. Again, no luck. I am now starvinggg and my blood sugar levels are dropping because I didn't eat all day, so I drag Jess to the Sabbaro's across the street. When we sit down to eat I lose it, broke down sobbing. We worked so hard and nothing. Although I kept faith that one would call or something, because I wrote my damn information all over every thank you letter. Oh yes ladies, the end of Donnie's thank you reads…"Hey if you are ever in need of more hugs, kisses or ass grabs, GET AT YA GIRL…phone number, I love hugs, kisses and ass grabs just as much as you do!!!" I really just wanted to see their faces when they opened them, they were wrapped sooo cute in green and white ribbon (Celtic pride…we got our minds right and covered all our bases!) I especially wanted to see Joe's face when he saw Griffin's. His was adorable!

We headed to MSG after that to wait for the doors to open, because we were FROZEN!!! We are finally let in and I wasn't ready to sit in my seat, so we hung out where people from the meet and greets leave from. Jess kept making fun of me, because I am so bad at recognizing people. The one that got both of us the most was I thought I saw Nina Garcia from Project Runway…ummm no. I was walking in a circle from cracking the hell up trying not to pee my pants when Robo comes over to us. He told us the guys looooved the scarves! Joe was allergic to the one I made him (haha he will be getting another one), but he loved Griffin's.  Mission thank you was taking place after the concert!

At the hotel…

We got there around 11:30 and just waited and it was coldddd. We were dealing just fine, then it started to pour. Remember, I was just in a zip up and a damn scarf! Skipping the boring parts…on to Jordan!!! So about an hour and some change after we get there, he comes out of the car holding delicious smelling pizza. I quickly push my way through and Jess is behind me, so I scream out, "JORDAN DID YOU LIKE OUR SCARVES!?!?!" He turned and looked at me like I had 5 heads…typical. So I continue to say, "we made you all scarves, you got the burgundy one" he shakes his head and motions us closer. I got a big hug, so did Jess, and then he asked who made it. I raised my hand a bit and said "me", he envelopes me in the biggest hug and says "it was beautiful…like you." I say "why thank you, now go eat that pizza before it gets cold." He laughed and walked away.

We waittt and waittt then Joe comes 45 minutes or so  later. Again, making my way to where no one is standing and say "Joe, did you love our scarves?" and he turns me (hand and hand with Barrett) and goes, "that was you two? Come here" so we go and he was sooo sweet. He was like "and the one for my son too?" I said "Yes and is it not the most precious thing you have seen" while I was going in for another hug and he chuckles and whispers, "why yes it is"…I am a heart attack waiting to happen. I love him. He was just so thankful. We waited a little while longer for Jon, but at that point we were so exhausted. It was 2 am and we were standing since 9am, looong day. Didn't happen like I wanted, but alas the Kids pulled through again. All I have to say is AC…GET YA MIND RIGHT because I am coming to GET THIS!!!

Joey giving us some love...thank you Joe. You are a sweetheart.  To the girl who caught this moment...I love you. You have captured a part of my NKOTB history and I will never forget you.


No comments:

Post a Comment