Wednesday, December 30, 2009

House of Blues Weekend- Friday December 18th...only the beginning.

    Finally.  It was here.  The day I was leaving for Boston to have possibly the best weekend ever.  I needed it, I was having the worst week ever and needed a break.  Plus, I WAS GOING TO SEE SOME OF MY SISTERS AND FAVORTIE MEN! How can life get better than that?  First…I needed to pack.  Yep as usual, I waited until the last minute. D’oh!  I got an email from my dad telling me to keep an eye on the weather, because there was supposed to be a blizzard.  Now in NY, if there is 4” of snow that is a blizzard so I didn’t think much of it.  He told me he left a shovel by the door and for me to take it with us.  Oh and to tell Donnie hello and Merry Christmas…no lie.  SMH.  After that email, I rushed my little booty off and was ready by the time Jess got to my house.

    We were on our way by 1:30, with a pit stop for food, because we were HUUUNGRY!  We jammed the whole time to Joe’s EP and just chit chatted.  I kept my concert level performance to a minimum, because for this road trip it was really cold out and I didn’t want to walk to Boston (she threatens to kick me out of the car if I sing too loud).  We were making fun of the guys (as usual…it is what we do) when Jess said she wanted to throw a snowball at Jordan…I was ROLLING.  However…traffic was not.  At some points it stopped dead, not something you want when you have plans at 7:30 two states away!  We moseyed on.  If you follow us on twitter, you will surely be entertained when we are confined to a small space together.  Well we at least crack ourselves up.

    We’re finally about an hour away after being in the car for four hours and guess who REALLYYYY needs to hit a bano? This kid.  I am nervous to get out of the car though, because it is COLD out there.  I didn’t want to turn to a popsicle just yet.  We pull into the lot and I sprint…yeah it was an emergency…handle my business and we were off.  Only this time Rhode Island was kind to us.  We made it to Massachusetts quickly, until we start to hit the Boston traffic.  FOL! Dead stop.  Ms. Garmin was telling us we would be at our destination within 10 minutes…it took us close to 45! HELL.NO!  That is why I don’t drive in NYC, too much traffic.  Boston isn’t supposed to be like that! Although, Jess pointed out that we were right in back of the House of Blues.  Looking back, it was a sign of one of the best weekends of our lives.

    Now you are probably wondering WHERE we were headed that we were freaking out so much.  When in Rome, do as the Romans do…well when in the Boston, do as the Bostonians do…go to the Celtics game!  Did we have tickets? Nope.  Did we think we would make it? By the skin of our teeth.  Finally we were out of the traffic and trying to find a parking garage near Jimmy Marsh’s party which was later that night, figuring we’d take the train back, so we wouldn’t have to pay for event parking ($35 for that shit…ummm no.)  We find a parking garage that would cost $9...yes…NINE dollars! We pull in there, but do we look at what street it is on? Nope.  That will come later.

    We were then two girls on a mission (…baby) and looking for an entrance to a train.  We asked two people, they pointed us in the right direction and we started to walk.  I complained the whole way about how cold it was and how my fingers were falling off.  Finally we found the entrance…and a transit worker was closing the gate.  UMMMM…NOOOOO!!!! So we ran across the street and made it.  Phew.  Finally we were on our way to the Gahden and my hair was being obnoxious showing how much static cling it had.  Two stops later, we were there.  We literally ran to the ticket booth.  No tickets available in our price range. BALLS! So we walked somewhat defeated to a local bar.  On the way to the bar, we were harassed by scalpers.  I just kept saying, “if you have some for $40 each then fine.”  One sweet gentleman did just that.  We were in the game! HOLLAAA!!! We sprinted back inside and were freaking about the tickets being legit.  I lost my bracelet in the process (which still makes me sad), but we were in.  We hit the bathroom, because I have a bladder of a two year old.  When I finished, we got the tweet from Donnie.  Him and Rob were at the game!!! BOO-FUCKING-YAAA!!!!  We go to scope out our future seats and see it may be a bit of a hassle, but we are Kerri and Jessica…we got this.

    We get to our seats in 308.  Our previous encounter (which I have not blogged…but I will) left us with the tagline “307 to courtside”…we are SO in.  Even though we are both from New York, we HAAAAATE the Knicks and well…the Celtics are a great team.  We have a blast every time we go to a game, the people get so into it and the atmosphere is phenomenal!  We are sitting watching the game when they start releasing little stuffed turtles on a Celtics parachute…we wanted one!!! Our section was, of course, the only one that DIDN’T get them released into our section.  Typical.  The man in front of us tells us he has had those seats for 14 years and never won anything.  That was about to change, 5 minutes later our section was ambushed by little turtles!  I caught one and offered it to the poor man in front of us.  He declined, so we were left with it.  I forget at what point this happened, but a man was about to change his life.  If he made a 3 point shot, he would win 50 grand…HELLO!!!  The guy hit it…all net!!! The place went wild.  Know who else went wild? Mr. Wahlberg!  That man jumped up sooo high I thought he was going to go through the roof.  I was cracking up, because he held his arms out like he wanted to give the man a hug, but he was DENIED.  Sorry Wahlberg, not every one wants a hug.  I turn to Jess and say, “I wonder if that man has a girlfriend, I wanna go find out!“ (man hitting the 3pt-er.)  Jess and I were laughing and freaking out when a real Irishman starts talking to Jess…hellooooo new boyfriend!  Sweet Jesus I love a man with an accent.

    It was a close game, but we decided we should go say hello to our buddy Wahlberg.  We waited until there was a few minutes pause in the game and went to say hello.  He got up and gave us big hugs and a big smile.  He asked what we were doing after the game and we told him we were going to Jimmy’s party.  He was happy about that and said “I‘ll ride you.”  HOLD…THE…HELL…UP!!!  What? Come again?  First, the phrasing fucked both Jess and I up, he’ll…*gulp* “ride” us? Slick mother fucker.  He told us to meet him by the car and he would take us to the party.

    WHAT!?!?!?!  This was different for us.  We have been in trailers, buses and backstage…but driven somewhere? Never.

    We found seats closer to the court and waited anxiously for the end of the game.  Celtics lost.  Ouch.  We headed down to Donnie who told us “I‘m leaving! I‘m going…RIGHT NOW! You better go.”  Really Donnie?  We just kept saying he better not leave without us.  He left us to fight off the whole gahden to get to the parking lot.  Jess was pushing kids out of the way, we got shoved in a fight and got stuck behind people who couldn’t walk.  Somehow we were still out of the building before him.  Typical. 

    We spotted Donnie and Rob come out of the building when Rob saw us.  He loves us and has dubbed us “The Divas” a while back.  He looks at us with disbelief and just says, “The Divas appear out of nowhere.”  Isn’t that what Divas do?  Well now it was time to ride.  It was weird that I wasn’t nervous at all and seemed to just be hanging out with friends.  Donnie and I kept bickering back and forth about nothing really, just busting each other’s chops, when Jessica tried to defend me.  She tried to explain, “Don’t mind her, she just needs a nap.”  Donnie then yells, “DOES SHE NEED A NAP EVERY TIME SHE MEETS NEW PEOPLE?!“  *DEAD*  I was mortified for about a minute when we caught eyes in the mirror and he winked at me, but then Rob interjects and says, “no she don’t, she‘s like this when she is fully awake!”  Then it started all over again.  Looney toons…ALL of us.

    The driver had NO idea where he was going, but expected the girl from New York to know how to get there.  Yes, this man who is a professional driver for the Boston area expected ME to know how to get to the bar.  Ummm…no.  He was just a strange man.  We talked a bit about the backrub and I mentioned to Donnie he should throw down Joe’s song, “I‘m Waiting” and he admitted to not listening to it yet.  Good one Donnie.  He told us he most definitely lurks during the Backrub and how we should be sitcom writers.  Jess and I told him he clearly doesn’t lurk us, because we say some things that he wasn’t old enough to read.  They started making jokes when Jess busts out, “I don‘t know WHAT you are talking about…I am a Christian lady.”  All 3 of us busted out laughing.  Fun times.

    Donnie…ohhhhh Donnie.  He cracks me the hell up.  He is just SOOOOO random.  There were a few times we were just sitting in silence when he would bust out into song.  I know you’re thinking sexy songs…no.  Cracked out songs.  One goes like this…”Rob..Lewis…Rob…Lewis…Rob…Rob…Rob…Lewis…Rob…Rob…Rob…Lewis…ROOOOB…Lewis.”  At one point Rob begins to beat box to it and at the end said, “what no applause?”  I CAN’T WITH THEM!!!  We started listening to the radio when Lady Gaga’s “Paparazzi” came on.  We were having a great conversation with Rob about the song, when this crack head starts singing, “ploparazzi”…REEEEEAAAALLLLLYYYYYYY!?!?!? *done*  Freaking hilarious.  Also, Donnie now knows that my dad loves him so and that we have "Donnie movie days" (...Dad's reaction will come later) and he thought it was "pretty awesome." That’s all I really feel like sharing at the moment, but I just have to give Donnie and Rob a HUGE thank you from the bottom of my heart for giving me a memory I will NEVER forget.  I look back and can cry about how special it was.

    The party was fun, because we met up with some friends.  We walked in behind Donnie and one of our friends spotted us.  She wanted to know everything and we got to bullshitting.  We didn’t hang out with Donnie or Rob, because that’s just greedy and didn’t want to be leeches.  I found another one of my friends and we headed towards the bar.  This is where we saw Terry Yancey, whom she has loved forever.  She told me to call out and give him a hug first.  What did I care?  I yelled out his name, he turns and gives me a “Hey girl! How have you been!?”  Now, I met him one time back in early August and there was NO WAY I thought he would remember me, so I said “wait…you remember me!?” and he was all “of course!”  Well who the hell knew?  Good Lord.  I introduced, my friend and she got her hug.  We then parted ways.  Jessica now calls me “Terry Yancey‘s snowflake”…freaking jerk. 

    The party was pretty uneventful, but we hung out till the end.  We waited outside in the cold (which felt like -30 degrees which left my nipples hard enough to cut ice) for Donnie.  He said bye to people in the doorway and ended up bumming two cigarettes from a woman…really Donnie? Really? You can’t afford your own?  SMH.  Anyway…he comes right over to Jess and I.  He gave us hugs and said, “I love you.”  I touched his face and said, “awww I love you too.”  He caressed our cheeks, tilted his head a bit and softly said, “it was fun driving with you girls tonight” to which I go…”I know, it was so romantic.”  WHYYYYYYYYY I said that…I don’t know.  It was NOT romantic at all.  Jess started laughing so hard and now makes fun of me ALL the time for it.  She always tells me  I need to give myself 2 seconds before I speak.  I blame my creepiness on the lack of sleep.  I was exhausted.  Everyone has an off moment, right?  Donnie walked to his car and we see Rob in there, so we follow.  We say bye to Rob and he says “niiiight niiiight Divas.” With that we sped walked to our friends car.  My toes felt like they fell off and when I took off my boot, my foot would be a nub. 

    Now remember how Jess and I found that $9 parking?  Yeahhhh…we didn’t remember the street that we parked on, so our fantastic friends drove around till we found the parking garage.  We ran to the car and headed to our friend’s home in New Hampshire (which is the coziest place EVER!!!!) 

    With that day one was over and it was an epic success.  

No comments:

Post a Comment